Camp Quarantine 10K
Spring has sprung, flowers are blooming and warm weather is in the air! There’s only one challenge, we’re stuck inside. People thrive on exercise and Camp Quarantine has a solution for you!
This was very perplexing for us, since this event is run virtually. At first we thought, let’s have people run 10K in their living room, but that wouldn’t work. Then it was suggested to run 10K in circles in their backyard, but just the thought of that was dizzying. Then we had an epiphany, this needs to be a 10K EVERYONE can participate in, not just elite runners. Welcome to the Camp Quarantine 10K, where Scouts, Scouters and families of all shapes and sizes can run the 10K!
- Download and print your official Camp Quarantine 10K “running” bib and wear it during this event.
- As a participant in the Camp Quarantine 10K you must look for ten items that begin with the letter K, these can be in your yard, your neighborhood or your house. If venturing into your neighborhood remember to practice social distancing.
- You must take pictures of each item you find.
- When you have “collected” your ten items that begin with the letter K post your pics to the Camp Quarantine 2020 Facebook event page.
- The most important rule is to HAVE FUN!
By submitting my video or photos I hereby assign and grant to the Heart of New England Council, Western Massachusetts Council and the Boy Scouts of America, as well as their authorized representatives, the right and permission to use and publish the photographs/film/ videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings made of me or my child at all Scouting activities, and I hereby release the Boy Scouts of America, the local council, the activity coordinators, and all employees, volunteers, related parties, or other organizations associated with the activity from any and all liability from such use and publication. I further authorize the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage, and/or distribution of said photographs/film/videotapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of the BSA, and I specifically waive any right to any compensation I may have for any of the foregoing.